Medical Skin Needling / Skin Needling Mesotherapy is a safe, natural alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures. The Medical Skin Needling process delivers massive vitamins, minerals & amino acids (anti-oxidants) directly into the skin to nourish, tighten & rejuvenate, promote production of collagen & elastin, and stimulate the metabolism. .
Rolling will dramatically increase the effectiveness of skin care products, allowing improved penetration of vitamins into the active layers of the skin
It is not suitable for use on the following skin conditions: Active acne, Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis, severe solar keratosis and raised moles or warts.
The principle of the roller is that the “micro-needles” puncture the horny layer of the epidermis, which is the main obstruction to penetration of active ingredients. Once this layer has been breached, the active ingredients in the skin care products can reach into the depths of the skin about 10,000 times more effectively than by simply applying the products topically. The higher the levels of vitamin A and vitamin C that can penetrate into the lower layers of the epidermis, the more collagen can be made. Therefore allowing natural collagenesis to occur.
The treatment time can range from 5-20 minutes depending on the speed, accuracy and density. It should be repeated at home between two to seven times a week.
Your skin may appear slightly flushed immediately after treatment, however a mineral make-up can be applied. The skin may feel tight, dry, flake and peel for 2 to 7 days depending on the level of the treatment. The application of a moisturizer is recommended.
It is not a painful procedure, it does not damage the skin and it can be used on all areas of the skin or body, including very fine, thin skin. It can be done in a lunch time appointment or at home with clear instructions from your clinician. The more frequent the treatment, the better the result. It is a cost-effective instrument that can last you years.
Use of the roller will help restore skin tightness in the early stages of ageing, speed up the reduction of pigmented marks, thicken thin skin, smooth fine lines, soften scars and reduce dilated blood vessels.
Medical Skin Needling is a technique that has been developed to maintain or revive the natural glow of the skin. It can therefore be used as a preventative but also for treatment in the following cases;
- Loss of glow, dull tired skin. In the majority of cases, these symptoms are related to problems of asphyxia of the skin resulting from pollution, smoking and or hormonal problems.
- Loss of tone, elasticity and volume resulting from the slowing down of the synthesis of the elastin and collagen fibres related to ageing
- Superficial lines and wrinkles
- Dry irritated and sensitive skin
Medical Skin Needling is a treatment designed to rejuvenate and revitalize the skin on the face and neck. Medical Skin Needling consists of micro-needling products designed to give the skin a new glow. Depending on their activity these products can be classified into several categories;
- Vitamins to stimulate and maintain the cellular mechanism and thus boost the production of collagen and elastin
- Anti-oxidants to combat photo-ageing
- Micro-circulation regulators prevent asphyxia of the skin
- Mineral salts are essential co factors for the various cellular enzymatic activities
- Hyaluronic acid plays an important part in maintaining the volume and moisture content of the skin and contributes to its firmness by its lubricating effect on the elastin fibres.